ATCS Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Information at the FAA Academy
ATCS New Hire Students enroll for their PIV Badges at the Security Command Center when they report for work on their first day.
- What will I need to enroll for my PIV Badge?
- When you report for duty, it is a requirement for you to bring, for example, either a U.S Passport (proves identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.), or a photo ID (state driver's license, military ID), and your original Social Security Card or Birth Certificate, etc. Other acceptable documents are listed on the back of the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Please bring either one document from List A; or, one from List B and one from List C. Photocopies are not acceptable.
- Is there anything else I will need to bring?
- In addition, Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) requires two photo identification documents, one being a State or Federal identification document. Photo identification documents used for I-9 verification may also be used for the HSPD-12 verification as long as there are two separate documents proving identity.
- When will I receive my PIV Badge?
- You will receive your badge on approximately Day 10 after you arrive at the MMAC to begin training.
- Where will I pick it up?
- You will be notified when to come to the Student Services Main Location, located in Academy Bldg. 14, Rm 137, to receive and activate your PIV Card.
Last updated: Friday, February 25, 2022